Friday, May 21, 2010

It's a Wonderful Night for Eyebrows

The Eclipse machine just keeps cranking out more wonderful. Today as I drive around the mega metropolis that is Dothan, Alabama, I can not only jam out to Gaga's Alejandro (thank you, @calliopeblabs, I got that song because of you and Roberto) but also to Muse's Neutron Star Collision, the lead single off the Eclipse soundtrack. I'm guessing the phrase "Neutron Star Collision" is just a euphemism for "Falling in Love". Or maybe just "Having Sex". I guess I'll go with "Falling in Love", because in Eclipse, no one has sex. Well, maybe they do, but not Bella and Edward.



The first time I heard the song, I immediately thought of Queen. I also thought of how much I didn't like it. And I'm such a mega nerdy Twilight fan that I HATE when I don't like something that is (officially) Twilight related. I guess I'm super loyal, or something (Like a dog? That's not flattering at all). Especially the Twilight music. I want to like the music so bad, because the music is the emotional heart of the movie. So I made myself listen to the song again. And I liked it a little more that time. Again--liked it more. It took a couple more plays to fully appreciate the sweeping epic love ballad that it is, but now I love it. It's on my iPod right after Alejandro, and when it plays, I feel like I'm right in the middle of the rock opera version of Eclipse. "Because our loooooooove, will last foreeeeeeeeever, and if we dieeeeeeeeeee, we'll die togeeeeeeeeether." Good stuff.

Earlier this week, the USA Today outtakes were released. I loved the whole article, and especially the photoshoot. Because anything that can get Kristen Stewart to do this:


 ....is f*cking awesome.


Ok, I have to stop because I can't concentrate anymore. What I'm about to say is so random and not Twilight related at all. Everytime in my adult life I've heard the word "euphemism", (from the 1st paragraph) I automatically think of a Dr. Suess cartoon. All I can remember is that I loved it, and a little kid got locked in a box. (Which actually, as a child I should have *not* liked that, but whatever. I was weird.)

Whatever, back to "euphemism". So after I typed the word, I immediately thought of Dr. Suess. And since I was sitting right in front of a computer, and Google is being so effing awesome today, letting us play Pac-Man, I finally thought, "Hey, why don't I find out why I think of Dr. Suess when I hear the word 'euphomism'," and so, only one Google search later, I found the cartoon. It's called "Halloween is Grinch Night."



I've linked to Part Two and Part Three here.


Now I feel bad about getting away from Twilight. Luckily about 5 minutes into the cartoon, I found my Twi link. The very first words out of the Grinch's mouth are "Hmmm, it's a wonderful night for eyebrows." Why yes, Mr. Grinch, it certainly is.





1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that Muse song.

    The lyrics:

    "The world is broken, halos fail to glisten
    We try to make a difference but no one wants to listen
    Hail the preachers, fake and proud
    Their doctrines will be cloud
    Then they'll dissipate like snowflakes in an ocean"

    describe my life perfectly. Well, almost.

    Loves the Grinch and Rob.

    Ps. Thanks for raving about The Hunger Games! I'm officially in love and CANNOT wait until August. :)

    ReplyDelete